Modernist Giving Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Modernist Giving Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time on December 7, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on December 16, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the continental United States and Canada (void in Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older as of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees, officers and directors of The Cooking Lab, LLC and its affiliates, and their immediate family and household members are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or possession of any prize. By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Enter the Sweepstakes by entering your full name, email, and address on the home page of www.modernistcuisine.com during the Sweepstakes Period. You may enter once per day during the Sweepstakes Period. One (1) winner per prize (eight (8) winners in total) will be selected at random from all eligible entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period. Decisions of the Sponsor are final.
- PRIZE, DRAWING & ODDS OF WINNING: Each selected winner will receive one of the prizes set forth below, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion:
One (1) ThermoWorks™ Thermapen MK4, approximate retail value (ARV) $99.
One (1) copy of Modernist Cuisine at Home, ARV $140.
One (1) Artspace print of Steaming Broccoli Cutaway by Nathan Myhrvold/Modernist Cuisine $150.
One (1) copy of Phaidon’s Nordic Cookbook Collection, which includes one copy each of Noma Fäviken and The Nordic Cookbook., ARV $159.85.
One (1) copy of The Photography of Modernist Cuisine, ARV $120.
One (1) Modernist Pantry™ Gift Set that includes agar, xanthan gum, sodium alginate and calcium chloride, a Modernist Cuisine™ Spherification Kit, and a Modernist Cuisine™ Gel Noodle Kit, ARV $129.95.
One (1) copy of any one (1) of the following books, as chosen by winner: Modernist Cuisine at Home in Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German.
One (1) Sansaire Sous Vide Machine, ARV $199.
One Modernist Cuisine™ Special Edition Baking Steel, ARV $99.
One (1) set of Modernist Cuisine, ARV $625.
Total ARV of all prizes is – $1841. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE AWARD: Prizes will be awarded only upon winner redemption, confirmation, verification and final approval by Sponsor. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. Each potential winner will be notified by email. If a Canadian resident is selected, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question in order to be eligible for the prize. Each potential winner will have forty-eight (48) hours to respond to winning notification before forfeiting his or her prize. Winners will be required to provide a shipping address, name, phone number and email for prize fulfillment purposes. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-4 weeks after the Sweepstakes has ended. As a condition of being awarded a prize, Sponsor may require winners to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, or to otherwise provide proof of eligibility in any manner Sponsor deems appropriate, within a specified time period. Failure to comply will result in prize forfeiture. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY SPONSOR. ANY COSTS AND EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AND USE NOT SPECIFIED HEREIN AS BEING PROVIDED ARE WINNERS’ SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
- GENERAL: By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Each winner hereby expressly grants to the Sponsor, its affiliates and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and province of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any disruption in the Sweepstakes caused by circumstance or other unforeseen events outside of its control, including but not limited to the failure or interruption of any internet service provider. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures and other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall control. All decisions as to these Official Rules and interpretations thereof are exclusively within the sole discretion of the Sponsor and may be changed from time to time without notice. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes at any time without notice. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If, in Sponsor’s sole determination, a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, or corrupted are void and will not be accepted.
- CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
- RELEASES: All participants, as a condition of participation in this Sweepstakes, agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor and its affiliates, Artspace, Phaidon, Sansaire, ThermoWorks, Modernist Pantry, Baking Steel, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of each, from and against any and all liability, claims, damages, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with participation in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or the receipt, ownership or use of the prizes.
- PRIVACY: Except as noted in these Official Rules, information collected for this Sweepstakes is used only for the purpose of Sweepstakes administration and winner notification and will not be re-used, sold or shared. Participants may elect to opt-in during the entry process to share their email address with one or all the affiliates.
- TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the applicable winners.
- WINNER LIST: To receive the list of winners of prizes, send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by June 16, 2016 to Modernist Cuisine Winner List Request, 3150 139th Ave SE, Bellevue WA 98005. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
SPONSOR: The Cooking Lab, LLC, 3150 139th Ave SE, Bellevue WA 98005.