Modernist Pizza Podcast Giveaway – Official Rules
Important: Please read these Official Rules before participating in this Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND THE 50 UNITED STATES (INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA).
DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE FOREGOING COUNTRIES OR IF YOU ARE OTHERWISE NOT ALLOW TO PARTICIPATE BY YOUR EMPLOYER OR LOCAL LAW.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Subject to applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, at the time of entry you must (a) be at least 18 years old (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside, whichever is older); and (b) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec)or the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) (“Entrant”).
The Cooking Lab LLC (“Sponsor“), Ooni, Baking Steel Company, Gustiamo, Miyoko’s Creamery, King Arthur Baking Company, Banza and their sponsors and respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, independent contractors, professional advisors, advertising, promotional, public relations, fulfillment, and service agencies, consultants, legal counsel, website providers, web masters, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, members, agents and immediate family members (defined as spouse or life partner or biological or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, or son and each of their respective spouses) of each are not eligible to win any prize. IF AN ENTRANT DOES NOT MEET THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE ENTRANT IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD THE APPLICABLE PRIZE TO THE ENTRANT. In addition, to otherwise be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, INC. OR FACEBOOK, INC.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on February 8, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on February 8, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There will be one sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period with one prize awarded. The sweepstakes will have a specified “Submission Period” and only entries received during that period will be entered for an opportunity to win the prize. All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period and meet other requirements in these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s or its designee’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. How to Enter. To enter, complete the steps as instructed for either of the following methods of entry during the Sweepstakes Period:
The Submission Period starts on February 8, 2022 at 12:00:01am PT and ends on February 8, 2022 at 11:59:59pm PT.
Limit: 1 ENTRY PER PERSON DURING THESUBMISSION PERIOD REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. . Any attempt to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
Submissions will not be returned and will not be acknowledged. Submissions and Entrants may be subject to verification by Sponsor in its discretion. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry.
If participating in this Sweepstakes via your mobile device (which service may only be available via select devices and participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile device according to the terms in your wireless service provider’s data plan. Normal airtime and carrier charges and other charges may apply to data use and will be billed on your wireless device bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Wireless carrier rates vary, so you should contact your wireless carrier for information on your specific data plan.
4. Identity of Entrant: All entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. Bulk or automated entries will be disqualified (including entries made using any script, macro, bot, or promotional service). Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email account. Any attempt to obtain additional entries through fraud or other illegitimate means will result in disqualification, at Sponsor’s discretion.
If there is a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the Submission. An “authorized account holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that a potential winner is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning entry.
5. Selection and Notification of Winner. On or about February 9, 2022Sponsor will select the name of one potential winner of each prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries at Sponsor’s headquarters as listed in Section 16 below. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Important: You must submit an entry within the Submission Period to be eligible to win the prize.
Potential winner will be notified via direct message to the Instagram or Facebook account associated with their Submission on or about February 9, 2022. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor may require potential winner to sign and return, within seven days of being notified, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and, for Canada residents a math question answer, in order to claim his/her prize. If (a) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (b) any required documents are not returned within seven days, such as the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (c) if potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Only three alternate drawings will be held for each of the prizes, after which the prize(s) will not be awarded. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above selection process from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the prizes available.
Verification of Potential Winner: POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A PRIZE WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND NO FURTHER ACTION IS NEEDED.
6. Prize: One winner will receive the prize package described below.
(i) One Modernist Pizza book (written by Nathan Myhrvold and Francisco Migoya) (ARV: $425 USD)
(ii) Four bottles of Miyoko’s Liquid Vegan Pizza Mozzarella (ARV: $27.96 USD)
(ii) Four bags of ‘00’ King Arthur Pizza Flour (ARV: $35.80 USD)
(iv) Five Banza Pizza Variety Cases (ARV: $249.55 USD)
(v) One jar of Gustiamo’s San Marzano tomatoes, one jar of Gustiamo’s Corbarino tomatoes, and one jar of Gustiamo’s Piennolo tomatoes (ARV: $42.45 USD)
(vi) One Modernist Cuisine Special Edition Baking Steel (ARV: $149 USD)
(vii) One Ooni Koda 12 oven (ARV: $399 USD)
Total ARV of prize package: $1328.76
Prize Restrictions:ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize (including for cash) will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes. All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the Winner.
Except for applicable manufacturer’s standard warranties, the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
7. Disclaimer. Sponsor; Instagram, Inc.; Facebook, Inc. and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, public relations firms, employees and advertising, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) phone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures beyond Sponsor or the Released Parties’ reasonable control; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor or the Released Parties by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations of Liability; Releases. By submitting a photograph or video, if any, and the text in the Submission, each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that he or she is the sole owner of the Submission and materials submitted with the Submission, that the submission of the Submission and such materials and Sponsor’s use of the Submission and such materials as permitted in these Official Rules will not infringe any intellectual property right held by a third party, and that they own or control all rights necessary to grant the rights granted herein, including a grant of all intellectual property and publicity and privacy rights from any and all persons in the Submission.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (JOINTLY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $10. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRODUCTS RENTED FROM THE SPONSOR, OR FOR SPONSOR’S OR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, OR FOR FRAUD.
9. Use of Winner’s Name, Likeness, etc. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use your name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, promotional, and other business-related purposes without further permission or compensation (including in a public-facing winner list). As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information for advertising, marketing, promotional, and other business-related purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Sweepstakes, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Sweepstakes.
10. License to Submission. By entering the Sweepstakes and providing your Submission in connection with the Sweepstakes, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license, (with the right to sublicense), to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof (including your name and likeness as shown and conveyed in the Submission), in connection with the Sweepstakes and for other advertising, marketing, promotional, and other business-related purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including execution of affidavits, tax forms, and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor’s rights as set forth above in this paragraph. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
11. Disputes. EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT ANY DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF WASHINGTON OR THE APPROPRIATE STATE COURT LOCATED IN KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON, U.S.A. THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON, U.S.A., WITHOUT REGARD TO CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
12. General Conditions. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or any entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (in its discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes or any other entrant (as determined in Sponsor’s discretion) are subject to disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received that contain inappropriate or offensive content. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. The use of the terms “include” or “including” in these Official Rules is illustrative and not limiting.
13. Winners List. For a copy of the winner list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for arrival after February 23, 2022 and before February 23, 2023, Attn: Modernist Pizza Podcast Giveaway. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://modernistcuisine.com/rules.
15. Intellectual Property Notice. MODERNIST CUISINE is a trademark of The Cooking Lab LLC. Baking Steel ® is a trademark of Baking Steel Company. The OONI word mark and the OONI device mark are registered trademarks of Ooni Limited. The Banza word mark is a registered trademark of Banza, LLC. Gustiamo word mark is registered trademark of Gustiamo, Inc.
The Sweepstakes and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2022 by The Cooking Lab LLC. All rights reserved.
16. Sponsor: The Cooking Lab LLC, 3150 139th Ave SE Building 4, Bellevue, WA 98005, United States.